Numbers 6:25 – “The LORD make his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you.”
Today’s verse is part of the Lord’s three-fold blessing on Israel, “The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.” As believers of the Lord Jesus Christ, we too are recipients of this blessing.
Here’s what this blessing implies:
- We are under the protection of our almighty God.
- We get to enjoy the Lord’s favor.
- The Lord is merciful in forgiving our sins.
- He is gracious in drawing us to Himself.
- He supplies our needs.
- He consoles the grieving heart.
- He prepares us for eternity with Him.
When we look at the number of spiritual blessings we are privy to, it makes our worldly desires pale in comparison. The Lord who loves you so much that He gave Himself up for you is well capable of taking care of you till your last breath. When you live out your identity as a child of the living God, you can be assured of the Lord’s blessing on your life.