Psalm 23:3 – “He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.”
Some of the dictionary meanings for the word “restore” include:
- bring back or re-establish (a previous right, practice, or situation)
- return to a former position/state.
- return (someone or something) to a former condition, place, or position.
- repair or renovate so as to return it to its original condition.
- give (something stolen, taken away, or lost) back to the original owner or recipient.
When we think of these words with respect to our souls, it brings hope and the promise of peace. David knew that it was only God who could restore his soul. Though he spent many years as a shepherd on beautiful meadows and hills, nature alone could not give him the complete rest and rejuvenation his soul craved.
If you’re looking for some kind of restoration in your life, don’t look outside to people or things. Look up towards God; He alone can restore your soul and re-establish it in sync with Him. When you surrender your plans to God, He will lead you in the path that He’s paved for you. The road ahead might not always be easy, but it will be good because your Shepherd walks with you.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for being the Shepherd of my soul. I submit myself into Your hands. Restore my life, and help me walk in Your paths all my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.