The Holy Communions Service is held on every FIRST SUNDAY of the month in all of the 4 services (8AM, 10AM, 12PM & 6PM).
Lords Supper (1 Corinthians 11:20) is also called “the Lord’s table” (10:21), “communion,” “cup of blessing” (10:16), and “breaking of bread” (Acts 2:42).
The account of the institution of this ordinance is given in Matthew 26:26-29 , Mark 14:22-25 , Luke 22:19 Luke 22:20 , and 1 Corinthians 11:24-26 .
It was designed,
- To commemorate the death of Christ: “This do in remembrance of me.”
- To signify, seal, and apply to believers all the benefits of the new covenant. In this ordinance Christ ratifies his promises to his people, and they on their part solemnly consecrate themselves to him and to his entire service.
- To be a badge of the Christian profession.
- To indicate and to promote the communion of believers with Christ.
- To represent the mutual communion of believers with each other.