Words go in deep, and touch our very souls. A rude remark by a colleague, a snide comment from someone you considered a friend, angry words from a boss, can all leave deep marks on us. An offhand comment made by our parents years back, can still come back to haunt us in the present day. We question ourselves, wondering if they were perhaps right. “Maybe I’m not good enough.” “I suppose I am a loser.” I guess I deserved those harsh words.”
Yes, words can hurt… but The Word will heal. God has given us an entire Book filled with words to encourage us, lift us up, and soothe our weary souls. The next time words harm you, remind yourself about what God says about you.
- You are loved. (Jeremiah 31:3)
- You are special. (Psalm 139:14)
- You are not alone. (Hebrews 13:5)
- He has great plans for you. (Jeremiah 29:11)
- He will perfect everything that concerns you. (Psalm 138:8)
- He hears your prayers. (1 John 5:14)
- He has chosen you. (John 15:16)
- You are His child. (John 1:12)
- You are His friend. (John 15:15)
- You are not forgotten. (Isaiah 49:15)
The Almighty God who sprinkled the stars in the skies knows you by name. And what He says about you is infinitely more important than what others say about you. Dig into the Bible today… Allow Him to reveal to you more about Himself, and what He thinks of you.