Zephaniah 3:17 – “The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”
It’s the last month of the year. Here are five pointers God packs in one verse to remind you of how much GOD LOVES YOU!
- The Lord, your God, is in your midst – There is a little more depth here than just ‘your God is with you’. Through the new covenant, Jesus Christ now dwells within us. He IS in the deepest recesses of our very being! When God is in us, His resurrection power is also within us!!! That is how we can do ALL things through HIM!
- He is mighty to save – He is your deliverer. There is nothing that can separate you from the love of Christ Jesus. Surrender your will and your understanding to His will and His ways, and no weapon formed against you can prosper!
- He celebrates you with joy – Watch a little child excitedly go about showing off her latest painting like every stroke is a masterstroke. That’s how God, your Creator, celebrates you. Just allowing Him to overshadow you and hover over you is letting His Spirit transform you into a masterpiece! Trust God to turn things for your good, even in your mess.
- He calms and renews you with His love – Often, when we fall short, we think we’ve let God down. But God is so gracious that He’s not waiting to give you a piece of His mind but rather has most willingly laid down His all at the Cross of Calvary for you. He doesn’t give up on you, instead, He renews and reforms you.
- He delights over you with singing – When we hear the birds sing, we are told that they are singing unto their Maker. All creation bursts with worship and praise to Him. To think that He would pay such close attention to YOU and begin singing over YOU???!!! You really must be something!
Be confident of this beloved, that your God loves you more than you can even comprehend. He has loved you with an everlasting love. Make His love the foundation of your life!