But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 1 Corinthians 12:24
At Bethel AG Church International Worship Centre, being a member is more than just having a certified membership document that can help during marriage, funeral, education, child dedications and emergencies.
In Bethel AG, we believe in Jesus; and as a church, we commit to:
- Learn the Word of God
- Worship Him
- Follow His teaching
- Spread His Word and
- Fellowship and grow with other members
When you decide to become a member, you reaffirm your commitment not just to God but also to the church and in this way are accountable to the commitment, fellowship and belonging.
We the members work together as one family, to support one another; through constant encouragement, motivation, guidance, development and most importantly, through sharing the love of Jesus.
MEMBERSHIP CLASS SCHEDULE FOR YEAR 2020
|1.||21st January (Saturday)||5 PM|
|2.||20th June (Saturday)||5 PM|
|3.||19th September (Saturday)||5 PM|
|4.||19th December (Saturday)||5 PM|
To become a member of Bethel AG Church you need to meet the following criteria:
- Have a testimony of being ‘Born Again.’
- Adult baptism in water by immersion.
- Live an evidently consistent Christian life. (Romans 6:4; 8:1-4; 13:13, 14. Ephesians 4:17-32; 5:1, 2, 15; 1 John 1:6,7)
- A willingness to contribute to the Life of your Church by giving your time/talents/treasures.
- Acceptance of the ‘Tenets of Faith’
- Regular attendance of Services for a period of at least 6 consecutive months prior to the date of application for membership.
- Agreement to being governed by the bylaws of the AG and the District Council of the AG, as both may be amended from time to time.
- Acceptance of the Tenets of Faith as set forth in Article IV of these bylaws.
The difference between attending a Church or being its member can be summed up in one word – COMMITMENT (commitment to serve).
The more like Christ you are willing to become, the more you will be committed to serve. Being like Christ means you will be more faithful to your commitment and service to God (through the Church).
Church membership identifies our family of believers who can be counted on, in our attempt to fulfill Gods purpose in our lives.