We as a church are partaking of the Holy Communion this month in our homes. This is not our normal way of practising the Holy Communion but it is due to the ‘stay at home’ regulations by the government in the season of the pandemic. Certainly, the reshaping of the practices will affect the way we used to do the Holy Communion but definitely we believe that God’s presence remains unchanged during the online communion service.
For those who are unable to prepare and partake of the Holy Communion for any reasons (may be because you stay with family who are non-believers or it is difficult to buy elements of preparation), please know that this situation will pass soon and you can wait to participate in the Holy Communion at Church. Until then, do not worry!
But for those who can prepare and partake of the Holy Communion at homes, please follow the instructions given below:
How to take HOLY COMMUNION online
1. Purchase or Prepare grape juice depending on your group size (Avoid using all kinds of wine).
2. Purchase or Prepare Bun / Bread depending on your group size. (Avoid using sliced bread).
3. Please make sure that you DON’T DISRESPECT the elements by wastage or misuse. Please ensure that the elements which are set apart for the Holy Communion must be consumed during the service. So plan accordingly.
4. BE READY with these elements in advance so you can avoid the last-minute hurry for the worship service.
5. The elements of bread and juice are symbols of Christ’s broken body and shed blood so arrange these elements on a TABLE in its appropriate tableware. (DON’T ALLOW kids or pets to play with the table of Holy Communion and the elements. Please MAINTAIN utmost sanctity in the Holy Communion).
6. Holy Communion is purely for those who are BAPTIZED FOLLOWERS of Lord Jesus Christ according to Mark 16:16. If you are not in a place of being a follower of Lord Jesus, please refrain from Holy Communion and enjoy the rest of the online service as normal.
7. No matter where we are, we can easily become disengaged so during the communion service remember Lord Jesus’ death for our salvation and worship Him for what He’s done for us. Holy Communion is also a reminder of God’s great love for you!
We will be having online communion service on 5th April 2020 (Holy Communion Sunday) and also on 10th April 2020 (Good Friday).
(Please make fresh elements each time you do Communion and do not preserve the Sunday’s communion elements for Good Friday).
If you have any further questions or clarifications, please email us at [email protected]
1 Corinthians 11:23-28, “For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes. Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. A person ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup.”