“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.”
Proverbs 18:10 says “The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe.”
Psalm 61:3 says “For You have been a refuge for me, A tower of strength against the enemy.”
The above scriptures tell us how our God is the strong and mighty tower, and fortress; in Him, we can find refuge and be safe.
Safety is of prime importance to us in every area of our lives. We need safety in our Physical / Health life, Family/Relational/Social life, Developmental/ Educational life, Career/ Financial life, and most importantly in our Spiritual life. We make valuable investments of our time and treasure to achieve them. However, we know that these safety measures that we employ are all temporary. Then what can secure us forever?
Today’s scripture is the answer, ie, “DWELLING IN THE SECRET PLACE OF THE MOST HIGH” because then we “SHALL ABIDE UNDER THE SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY“
What is the secret place of Most High?
- The secret place is the Presence of the Most High.
- It is the Most Holy Place in the tabernacle where nobody other than the High priest is allowed to enter. (Psalm 27:5)
- It is a place of intimacy with God, where through Christ we have nobody else around but just God and us.
- It is the place of complete surrender, Deep faith, and Total trust in God.
- The place which is free from “man’s pride” and “The strife of tongues” (Psalm 31:20)
- It s a place of “Rest of God” (Hebrews 4:11)
How do we dwell in the secret place of our God?
Dwelling doesn’t mean lodge or visit instead it means Reside. Reside is a permanent word. every born-again believer desires to reside in the secret place of the Most High. We can achieve it by constant awareness of God’s presence in our lives. It is to put our complete trust in God to protect, guide and help us not when challenges strike but on daily basis. It is remaining in His rest no matter what life brings our way.
Therefore, let us have a growing relationship with Him today and always and enjoy the “Abiding/ remaining under the shadow of Almighty”
Blessed Day Ahead.