“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
Psalm 91 is one of the most beautiful and most powerful psalms to pray over your life. It is divinely packaged by the Lord with some solid promises of which are the following:
- 1. Rescue: HE is the One who sends out His Word and heals you, rescuing you even from the grave-like situations! Surely, He will save you from the fowler’s snare and from deadly pestilence.
- 2. Protection: He has covered you with His feathers, and under His wings, His faithfulness will be your shield and defense. He has promised to protect you from those who malign you and surround you with songs of deliverance.
- 3. Answer when you call: When His righteous cry out to Him in distress, He hears you and does not despise His people. As soon as He hears, He will answer you. (Isaiah 30) Your prayer has already opened a door in Heaven.
- 4. Help in times of trouble: He Himself is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble (Psalm 46). He has commanded His angels concerning you.
- 5. Deliverance: No harm will overtake you. Rather, you will be an overcomer through Christ Jesus.
6. Honor: The Lord has promised to increase your honor. (Psalm 71) However, it is important to remember Wisdom’s instruction-“Fear the Lord, practice humility and honor will follow.” (Proverbs 15)
7. Long life: The blessing of the Lord be upon you, long life to you! Good health to you and your household! And good health to all that is yours (1 Samuel 25)
8. Salvation: Praise be to the Lord Jesus Christ for redeeming us from a life of decay, loss and ruin. Oh that He would restore to us the joy of our salvation that we would sing to Him and praise His Name, day after day!
Glory be to the Lord for His promises that are complete and wholesome. We receive them all through the matchless name of our Savior, Jesus Christ!