The thief does not come, except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10 (NKJV)
Most of us have our homes and cars secured by anti-theft protection system.
What do we have that is so precious that Satan comes after, to steal, kill and destroy?
Bible says we have ‘this treasure in jars of clay”. Satan first comes after our identity in the Lord Jesus Christ and God’s word in us.
By accepting Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior, we:
– are a new creation in Christ ( 2 Corinthians 5:17)
– are children of God, heirs of God, and fellow heirs with Christ, sharing His inheritance (Romans 8:17)
– have God’s nature, and His love and holiness in us ( Ephesians 4:24)
– we have the Holy Spirit in us to comfort, teach and guide us, intercede for us (John 14:16-17)
– have God’s fullness and every spiritual blessing of Christ in us (John 1:16, Ephesians 1:3)
– have a spirit of power, love, and a well-balanced and disciplined mind (2 Timothy 1:7)
– have the mind of Christ in us (1 Corinthians 2:16)
– have the grace of Christ in us ( Ephesians 4:7)
Satan is the father of lies and stops at nothing to get us to doubt God and His promises. Unbelief gives Satan a ‘foot in the door’ of our lives.
Let’s be sober, vigilant to guard ourselves from the schemes of the enemy. Activate the ‘anti-theft’ by believing God’s word and receiving His finished work on the Cross. Let’s speak out God’s purposes and live the ‘king size abundant life’ our Lord Jesus Christ came to give us.