Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. (KJV)
There is a wonderful promise in this verse that provides us great assurance and comfort. David says that when we delight in God, God gives us the desires of our heart. This shows that God intends to fulfill the desires of a godly man or a godly woman. This is a blank check with one condition attached. The condition is to delight in God.
How can we delight in God? In psalm 37 David advises us to take care of a few things.
1. Trust in the Lord and do good (Psalm 37:3)- Instead of worrying, envying or being anxious, trust in the Lord and continue doing good.
2. Commit your ways to the Lord (Psalm 37:5)- Surrender your plan to the Lord. You will enjoy peace, protection, and satisfaction throughout your life.
3. Find rest in God ((Psalm 37:7) – Because God has promised to faithfully take care of those who put their trust in Him, we can rest in the Lord. We can wait patiently for Him.
What happens when we decide to truly delight in God?
1. We will find our heart’s desires slowly changing according to God’s will.
2. Our desires will get steadily aligned to God’s will for our life.
3. And now God will grant the desires of our heart.
Truly delight in God and get the key to a happy, satisfied blessed life in Him.