Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
Fear is an emotion stimulated by any kind of danger, pain or uncertainty of the future. Fear makes us vulnerable, weak and hopeless. It directly affects our health by weakening our immune system, causes cardiovascular damage and even accelerates aging. It impacts our brains so that we are anxious at all times and about all things, negatively affecting our decision making and thinking-causing us to behave impulsively.
No wonder the Lord has not just commanded us about fear and dismay but has also given us enough bolsters to lean on. To be fearless doesn’t mean you won’t have to face fearful situations without any fear, rather it means that you will be able to influence the situation in such a way that you stand advantageous.
How then can we deal with fear? By replacing it with faith and resounding it with the promises of the Lord.
- He has promised that He is with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Where are you today? In a lonely, devastating, cruel valley? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified. Deut 31:6
- He is your God! He is your shield and your exceedingly great reward. Gen.15:1
- He is your strength, put your trust and hope in Him, He is the horn of your salvation, your rock, your stronghold, your refuge, your Saviour. Psalm 18:2
- He is your help, remind and confess to yourself that your help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. The Lord WILL help you and will not let you be disgraced. Is.50:7
- He is your foundation, a frame needs a peg for support, but they that trust in the Lord, He upholds them in His righteousness. Though you may stumble, you will not be cast down, for the Lord will raise you up! Psalm 145:14
Now then beloved, in the face of fear, arise with faith and declare the goodness and faithfulness of your Lord. May your hope and trust be rooted and grounded in the beauty and mercies of our Christ! In Jesus’ Name! Amen!