Put on the whole armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. (NKJV)
The Christian life is often illustrated as a battlefield. We are soldiers of Christ in a spiritual warfare. Many times, we would be required to take a tough stand for Christ. We would have to stand for truth and justice in the wicked world that we are in. Apostle Paul encourages us to “put on the whole armour of God, that we may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”
1. Surround yourselves with Lord Jesus, who is the way, truth and life. Prioritize Him.
2. Cultivate a lifestyle of doing things which are right. Seek God’s righteousness first and everything else will be added to you.
3. There may be obstacles in your path, but in the strength of the Lord Jesus, we can walk forward, following our Lord, obeying Him and spreading the gospel.
4. Be strengthened in the faith in Lord Jesus. Your faith in Lord Jesus will bring healing, deliverance and breakthroughs at the right time.
5. Be assured that you are saved by the blood of Lord Jesus that was shed on the cross. No enemy has power on you.
6. Take effort to study the word of God.
7. Pray without ceasing.
Do you find yourself giving in to temptation when you really desire to overcome? Do you feel weak and discouraged? Be clothed in the armour of God and you will be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. You will be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.